Twilio is a simple, pay-as-you-go web service that empowers developers to build voice and SMS applications.
Over 75,000 developers use Twilio - including startups, Fortune 100 companies, and both major political parties.
We are funded by top tier investors, have a great team and revenues are growing FAST.
Twilio is disrupting the $1.3 trillion telecom market. Come help us ruffle the suits; we’re just getting started.
About the Job
We're seeking a Senior Engineer to join Twilio's API team and help build the best telecommunications API on the planet. This is a senior role focused on building new parts of Twilio's public HTTP API, and maintaining the framework that it's built on. Successful candidates will be strong developers with deep experience in HTTP and a passion for API design & REST.
- Own the API framework that is the core of Twilio's business. The Twilio API supports a wide range of communications functionality including voice calls, SMS messaging and phone numbers. The Twilio API must be highly reliable, highly available, and low latency.
- Work directly with product management to define, architect, and build new customer-facing Twilio APIs.
- Tackle some of the most challenging problems in distributed computing, HTTP, API design, and more.
- Write quality, maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a fast-paced professional software engineering environment.
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years in industry as a developer working with HTTP, in a variety of languages including Python.
- Strong background in HTTP, networking, and security.
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases, such as MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, etc.
- Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative.
- You have a favorite HTTP status code.
- You have an opinion about rails' move to using PATCH.
- You know what HTTP OPTIONS is and what you'd use it for.
- You've written a SPDY client and loved it.
- Full benefits, including medical, dental and vision.
- An Amazon Kindle on your first day, and $30/month to spend on books (Twilio wants you informed).
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Catered lunches and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers.
- Excellent gear (“We ❤ Apple computers and big monitors — two if you need ’em”);
- A strong belief in life/work balance.
- Twilio track jacket and shoes after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
How to apply
Applications without cover letters will not be considered. Here’s what you can include in your cover letter to move your resume to the top of the pile:
- Include a link to an app you built using Twilio.