Jive is looking for a leader to drive our continued evolution as a platform. We are ever expanding our APIs and means of extending and integrating Jive's capabilities. Developing an ecosystem is key to success as our cloud offering takes off.
Engineering directors at Jive are expected to be technologists, strategists, and leaders of teams. The job is about understanding our business, developing talented groups, focusing them on the right priorities, and predictably delivering quality products to market. Doing this effectively requires strengths in project management, performance management, cross-functional collaboration, and software development.
- Oversee agile teams delivering high-quality services and software within an incredibly fast-paced company.
- Establish trust and coordinate with geographically dispersed product management, support, hosting, and peer engineering teams.
- Invest in people development through coaching, recruiting, and performance management.
- Contribute to strategic direction with respect to both product and architecture.
- BA/BS Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years management experience, including an organization of ten or more developers
- Accomplished prior career as an individual contributor in software engineering
- Passion for Jive's vision
- Experience delivering public-facing REST API's
- Commitment to growth and self-development