Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world’s major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
The Emerging Products group is on the forefront of Visa’s innovation and looking for talented individuals with vision, passion and determination to make our clients businesses and consumer products more engaging, seamlessly available, easy to use, and secure. Within Emerging Products, the Developer Services team charter is to define and build API services and the supporting platform for innovation to occur both internally and externally for our customers.
- Design and execute the framework for the Visa developer program and services that extends Visa current platform into new market segments.
- Build the right developer platform that distributes API and services across any team at Visa and build the developer platform correctly for scale, security, and reliability
- Enforce governance and accountability for product platform and API standards across a multitude of stakeholders
- Being the voice of the customer, and evangelist of the developer program, to cross-functional leaders and executives internally and externally
- Lead cross-functional teams to design and build a best-in-the-industry developer platform, API and organization.
- Own the onboarding of new API services on the Visa Developer Center, as a product and business stakeholder.
- Extend our product offering and work with the vendors, partners, and customers to drive product requirements.
- Own the product specs, use cases, wireframes and driving cross functional teams to deliver compelling products.
- Work closely with agile development teams and scrummasters, being the product lead and overall driving the schedule for meeting the needs of the business. Comfortable with the intersection of Agile and Waterfall projects, and skilled at managing a matrix organization with different software development methodologies
- Work in collaboration with Product and Technology Leadership to write annual business plans and a 3 year plans to guide projects for new platform features, tools, and policies.
- Ensure the product roadmap satisfies business, product and customer requirements and goals.
- Work in collaboration with the technology team to drive capability, service and platform design and development to fulfill business and developer needs
- 5-8 years experience, either as a developer and or product manager, with detailed knowledge of software practices. Ideal candidate will have hands on experience as a as a software development engineer
- Working knowledge of development communities, and demonstrable understanding of the product management aspect of developer programs.
- Direct experience in design and execution of a developer platform for either a large enterprise and / or payments company.
- Knows, and is current on, the latest developer tools and platforms, web and mobile technology trends, and can demonstrate this knowledge with actual programming skill
- Outstanding communications ability to a diverse customer audience, including C-level executives, product, and technical stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, or business (or equivalent).
- Proactive sense of urgency
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Job Segments: Developer, Marketing, Banking, Bank, Engineer, Technology, Finance, Engineering