- Twilio is a simple, pay-as-you-go web service that empowers developers to build voice and SMS applications.
- Over 100,000 developers use Twilio - including start ups, Fortune 100 companies, and both major political parties.
- We are funded by top tier investors, have a great team and revenues are growing FAST.
- Twilio is disrupting the $1.3 trillion telecom market. Come help us ruffle the suits - we’re just getting started.
About the Job:
- We're seeking a Senior Engineer to join Twilio's User Data team and help build the best telecommunications API on the planet.
- This is a senior role focused on transforming large user-driven datasets in our distributed environment into public APIs for developers.
- Successful candidates will be strong developers with deep experience in micro-transactions, data mining, complex SQL, and a passion for API design & REST.
- Own the post-flight storage system that computes large and computationally heavy tasks on Twilio's user generated data.
- Work directly with product management to define, architect, and build new internal and external facing APIs.
- Tackle some of the most challenging problems in distributed computing, HTTP, data persistence, and more.
- Write quality, maintainable code in Python with extensive test coverage in a fast-paced professional software engineering environment.
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years in industry as a developer working with mission critical systems, preferably in Python.
- Strong background in HTTP, networking, and security.
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases, such as MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, etc.
- Deductive reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative.
- You know what it means to be a defensive programmer.
- You have opinions about bankers rounding below the penny.
- You have scaled MySQL for writes.
- You know when to use EMR.
- You have used test-and-set in Redis before.
- Full benefits, including medical, dental and vision
- An Amazon Kindle, $30/month to spend on books and a Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Catered lunches and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers
- Excellent gear (“We ❤ Apple computers and big monitors — two if you need ’em”);
- A strong belief in life/work balance
How to apply:
Applications without cover letters will not be considered. Here’s some stuff you can include in your cover letter to move your resume to the top of the pile:
- Include a link to an app you built using Twilio.
- Discuss why you are passionate about building engineering teams and culture.