At Stormpath, we believe the rising tide of developer services, powered by APIs and open source software, is changing software development. Today, for the first time ever, developers operating in the cloud have access to more advanced technology than a Fortune 100 competitor stuck in a data center.
As our Developer Evangelist, you will focus on empowering developers to use our API for user management and authentication. You will write technical blog posts, tutorials, and polyglot integrations, support and inspire community developers, interact with communities both offline and in person, and present at user groups and conferences. Most importantly, you will be advocating for the customer in our product, working with our CEO and Engineering team to influence the product roadmap.
Stormpath is the first easy and secure user management and authentication service for developers. By offloading user management, developers can bring new applications to market faster, reduce development and operations costs, and protect their users with best-in-class security. Built for developers, Stormpath offers an easy API, open source SDKs, and an active community.
In this role, you will:
- Contribute to and deploy developer tools (SDKs, sample applications, integrations) to make it easier for developers across all programming languages to deploy Stormpath
- Generate content meaningful to developers: blog posts, how-tos, screencasts
- Present to, participate in, and geek out with developer local developer communities
- Engage and represent Stormpath in online forums including StackOverflow and GitHub
- Advocate for users internally, influencing Stormpath’s product strategy, community marketing, and support
- Work with the team to provide technical support and build out our knowledge base
- You’re an outgoing nerd. You love collaboration, meetups and elegant code alike
- Excellent English verbal and writing skills
- Some professional development experience in a modern language, eg. Ruby, Python, Node
- Curiosity for new projects and ideas – you love playing with new web technologies
- Speaking or community organization experience
- Active participant in GitHub or other open source communities
- Competitive salary and stock options packages
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance
- Located in downtown San Mateo, near 101 and two blocks from the CalTrain
- Free lunches, dinners, snacks, and drinks
- Customized ergonomic setup with a nice big Apple Thunderbolt display
- Smart, hard-working, collaborative, friendly team with real credibility in the developer, security, and startup space