For six years Mashery has had a front row seat to the exploding Web API movement. With over 150 brands, hundreds of APIs, 160,000+ developers, and over 50,000 active applications running on Mashery-powered APIs, we are the market leader in providing API management technology and services. Our diverse client portfolio includes companies such as Best Buy, New York Times, Netflix, Expedia, TED, and YellowPages. We have real customers, real revenue, and a very real product, all developed by a talented and passionate team at one of the ‘Best Places to Work in the Bay Area.’
Your Opportunity at Mashery:
- As key member of the QA team, design and develop detailed test cases
based upon functional and design specifications for SaaS offerings,
performing duties as an individual contributor doing 100% hands-on
- Develop and execute software test plans, designs, and automated test cases.
- Work with engineering to implement unit test frameworks and continuous integration testing process and participate in product
releases, testing staging and production launches for overall launch
- Help ensure launches are occurring within scheduled release timeline
- Identifies QA issues while in the design and development phases.
- Performs both script-based automated testing and functional page by page analysis. Able to design and implement test cases in a rapid
prototyping environment with minimal supervision.
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent) with 7+ years of software Quality Engineering (product testing) experience; strong understanding of QA methodology
- Significant black-box and white-box testing knowledge and experience in enterprise application space, preferably in a SaaS environment; experience testing and releasing of highly available/redundant software
In-depth understanding and proven experience of functional, system, integration, regression, automation and performance testing of applications and application suites
- Expert in designing and developing complex test plans and test cases that span several modules
- Comprehensive knowledge in any high level programming language
- Experienced MySQL user and strong Oracle backend skills, ability to set-up / configure databases, proven experience with SQL and data retrieval; Strong in data structures
- Strong understanding of UNIX / LINUX Operating Systems; experience developing test frameworks and test cases using open source test frameworks
- Proven experience in writing Shell, Java and PHP scripts to automate testing tasks/development tools
- Experience in developing tools/scripts, (Perl , Python) to aid in testing client/server and Web applications
- Solid experience in Test Automation frameworks and tools required; plus experience with automation of API and Web Services
- Solid QA competency in software engineering with experience in Agile methodologies
- Must have great analytic and troubleshooting skills as well as thrive in a dynamic work environment.
- Good team collaboration and strong communication skills
- Experience as lead QA Engineer for a highly visible SaaS product offering a plus
- Familiarity with bug tracking, reporting, and verification tools and processes, i.e. Jira, Confluence, SVN
*Mashery is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Agency Recruiters Take Note:
Please do not spam us with unsolicited candidate resumes.
Unless you have a fully executed agreement with us, we will consider them a gift.
Do not send resumes to any of the executives.*