For six years Mashery has had a front row seat to the exploding Web API movement. With over 150 brands, hundreds of APIs, 160,000+ developers, and over 50,000 active applications running on Mashery-powered APIs, we are the market leader in providing API management technology and services. Our diverse client portfolio includes companies such as Best Buy, New York Times, Netflix, Expedia, TED, and YellowPages. We have real customers, real revenue, and a very real product, all developed by a talented and passionate team at one of the ‘Best Places to Work in the Bay Area.’
As a key member of Mashery’s growing sales organization, the Director of Sales Operations will build and support the functions and processes critical to sales force effectiveness and productivity. The best individual for this role will be a process-oriented champion with a track record of overcoming challenges through innovative solutions and creating clarity where ambiguity exists.
- Develop sales enablement programs to drive growth, account penetration and customer acquisition and retention
- Lead, coordinate and continuously refine sales forecasting, planning and budgeting processes used within the sales organization
- Assist in development and administration of sales incentive compensation programs
- Design sales territories and provide comprehensive analysis of territory alignment decisions
- Assist in all facets of sales planning, inclusive of regular updates to quotas, headcount and sales plan
- Collaborate with marketing to establish sales content (internal and customer facing materials), as well as nurturing/touch-point programs
- Analyze sales processes and conversions, implement and coach to the agreed upon sales processes and sales methodology (Sandler, Miller Heiman, Solutions Selling, etc.) and report on new & current sales trends to management
- Develop and execute training program for everyone associated with the sales process
- Compile customer, industry and market data to understand emerging sales challenges, opportunities and needs
- Generate and analyze all Sales and Marketing data for Board of Directors meetings as well as scheduled and on-demand reports for Sales, Marketing, and Executive staff Oversee the administration of the CRM (Salesforce.com)
- 5-10 years of experience managing sales operations preferably in a
software startup environment
- A passion for and/or interest in innovative software-as-a-service (SaaS) technologies
- Highly analytical, self-motivated and metrics-driven
- Strong understanding of sales processes and sales methodologies (i.e. Sandler, Miller Heiman, Solution Selling, etc.)
- Experience using and administering CRM software (Salesforce.com)
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to work well in a team environment (sales, marketing, product, finance, etc.)
- BA/BS degree required
*Mashery is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Agency Recruiters Take Note:
Please do not spam us with unsolicited candidate resumes.
Unless you have a fully executed agreement with us, we will consider them a gift.
Do not send resumes to any of the executives.*