For six years Mashery has had a front row seat to the exploding Web API movement. With over 150 brands, hundreds of APIs, 160,000+ developers, and over 50,000 active applications running on Mashery-powered APIs, we are the market leader in providing API management technology and services. Our diverse client portfolio includes companies such as Best Buy, New York Times, Netflix, Expedia, TED, and YellowPages. We have real customers, real revenue, and a very real product, all developed by a talented and passionate team at one of the ‘Best Places to Work in the Bay Area.’
We’re looking for a fantastic Product Manager to join our team to help expand our already raved about products. This product leader must have a vision for the future of platforms so we continue to innovate. This Product Manager will own all of Mashery’s developer oriented products and tools. Be on the cutting edge of developing the next phase of the products and tools that are targeted towards growing and cultivating the Mashery Developer Network.
In this role you will have a wide range of responsibilities but an incredible ability to not only influence but also shape the next phase of the Mashery product offerings. This role is one of a small PM team so the ability to make a difference is HUGE! As a key PM, you’ll work closely with internal teams and customers as you manage the product development lifecycle in designing world-class products.
- Design world-class web-based applications and tools that solve developer pain and attract them to utilize our customers’ platforms
- Conceive, define, prioritize and release new product features that increase the value of the Mashery platform
- Partner with the team to understand business strategy and identify/define both market & product requirements around developer community and platform tools
- Responsible for appropriate product requirements documents and specifications, including competitive analysis, market overview, customer needs analysis, product position, features list and occasionally some wireframes and mockups as well
- Develop detailed functional specifications to develop quality tools and applications that drive more value for our customers & users Lead the product life-cycle process for your product line from conception, definition, development, release, and post-release activities as well as through the product enhancement process
- Estimate time, definition, deliverables, dependencies, scoping and resources as well as communicate and manage product and release prioritization
- Balance product scalability, cost, and time to market
- Collaborate & collect/interpret market feedback (internal teams, customers, prospects and competitive movements) that helps drive product roadmaps and features to continue to develop industry best product(s)
- Execute on product road map deliverables with product development organization, including supporting day-to-day project team cycles and tradeoffs
- Collaborate across departments (marketing, sales, and services) in the market launch activities of new features and products
- Deliver occasional product expertise to customer prospects in deal cycles that require PM involvement.
- You want to “win” and you recognize that working well with others,
listening, and executing on world class products are key to success
- Ability to juggle a variety of responsibilities and parallel projects while weighing and collaborating on product & feature tradeoffs.
- Drive to innovate, iterate, and push core products forward and a “roll up your sleeves” attitude
- Be an internal/external champion and expert for Mashery offerings
- Flexible, adaptable, and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- +5 years of bringing web products to market, from concept through development and launch, in software or internet services
- Previous experience as a web developer, technical evangelist, technical product manager or role where both technical and social skills were used
- Continuous awareness around platform development products and enhancements
- You’ve built web applications before and are familiar with the most current web development technologies
- You have strong project management and multi-tasking skills and enjoy working in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Strong knowledge of current standards in API development (SOAP, REST, XML, JSON)
- Knowledge of development communities and desire to interact with developers on their own turf, physical or online
- Knowledge of technology trends in either mobile, connected devices, distributed cloud systems and web API’s a huge plus
- Exemplary attention to detail, user engagement and communication skills across all audiences
- You provide feedback and suggestions across internal teams to improve future product functionality, user experience and customer satisfaction
- Bachelors degree required
*Mashery is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Agency Recruiters Take Note:
Please do not spam us with unsolicited candidate resumes.
Unless you have a fully executed agreement with us, we will consider them a gift. Do not send resumes to any of the executives.*